The Assessment Interview refers to a series of optional questions on the Client Info page. These are general questions that can reasonably be asked to Clients before performing any physical assessment, Strength Test or prescribing a training program and/or diet.
The Assessment Interview questions are divided into 5 broad categories:
- diet history
- body history
The questions for each category appear in the widget area on the right of the page (or overlaid on small-screen devices). The categories are selected via the buttons across the bottom of the Client Info page.
- health conditions/considerations – does the Client have any significant health issues (that might affect diet, training and/or body composition?)
- medications – is the Client on any medications (that might affect diet, training and/or body composition?)
- food allergies or aversions – any foods the client should not include in their diet
- signed disclosure form – if you have a disclosure form, waiver or similar, record that it was completed here
- notes – any other health-related comments
- current injuries/insufficiencies – does the client have any existing injuries or physical limitations (that might affect diet, training and/or body composition?)
- old injuries – any longstanding injuries (that could potentially be aggravated by intense physical training)
- physical limitations – any other physical limitations not covered by the previous 2 questions
- other sports/activities – other physical activities that could impact – or be impacted by – intense weight training and diet
- notes – any other injury-related comments
- meal 1 to 7 (time and content) – ask the client to step through their normal daily schedule, meal by meal.
- cheats/snacks – any additional ‘junk’ food eaten in addition to the normal daily diet
- alcohol – the amount and frequency of alcohol consumption
- under/overeater – when the client eats a meal, do they tend to eat especially large or tiny quantities?
- notes – any other diet related comments
- years training – the number of years of weight training experience
- formal instruction – how much professional coaching has the client had and to what level?
- best/worst condition – what is the closest and farthest the client has come to their current body composition goal?
- best/current performances – what are the heaviest weights the client has ever lifted (on major exercises)?
- recent/typical training split – how is the client’s current/recent weight training program structured (if any)?
- notes – any other body composition related comments
- training at ? – what gym is the client going to conduct their Recomposer workouts?
- current gym – if the client is currently at a different gym, what is it?
- equipment limitations – any missing gym equipment pieces or capacity limitations
- liftstyle/time limitations – any lifestyle or time constraints to consider when designing a training program
- notes on training program to prescribe – other comments about the program